Dikhoff Van Dongen Advocaten complaints procedure
Article 1 definitions
In this complaints policy, the following concepts are defined as:
- complaint: any written expression of dissatisfaction from or on behalf of the client towards the attorney or persons operating under his charge about the realization and execution of an assignment agreement, the quality of service or the amount of the invoice, other than a complaint as understood in section 4 of the Act on Advocates;
- complainant: the client or his representative who submits the complaint;
- complaints officer: the attorney who is in charge of handling the complaint.
Article 2 scope
- This complaints policy is applicable to any assignment agreement between Dikhoff Van Dongen Advocaten and the client.
- Every attorney at Dikhoff Van Dongen Advocaten ensures the complaint is dealt with in accordance with the complaints policy.
Article 3 objectives
The objectives of this complaints policy are:
- establishing a procedure to deal with complaints from clients within a reasonable time in a constructive manner;
- establishing a procedure to assess the cause of complaints from clients;
- maintaining and improving existing relationships through good handling of complaints;
- training staff in responding to complaints in a client-oriented manner;
- improving the quality of service by analysing the complaints that are dealt with.
Article 4 information at the start of service provision
- This complaints policy is publically available. The attorney shall inform the client of this complaints policy.
- Dikhoff Van Dongen Advocaten has registered in its Terms and Conditions the independent party or body that issues a binding decision in the case that a complaint is not resolved after following the complaints procedure and has informed the client of this at the establishing of the assignment agreement.
- Complaints as understood in Article 1 of this complaints policy that are unresolved after following the complaints procedure will be submitted to court.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
- Complaints that are submitted are forwarded to mr. R. van Dongen who acts as complaints officer, unless the complaint is directed at mr. R. van Dongen in which case the complaint is forwarded to mr. S.F. Dikhoff who acts as complaints officer.
- The complaints officer informs the person whom the complaint is directed at of the submission of the complaint and gives the complainant and the person whom the complaint is directed at the possibility to comment on the complaint.
- The person whom the complaint is directed at tries to find a solution together with the client, with or without the complaints officer as intermediary.
- The complaints officer deals with the complaint within four weeks of receiving the complaint or informs the client of the exceeding of the term, stating the reasons for the exceeding of the term and providing a new deadline.
- The complaints officer provides the complainant and the person whom the complaint is directed at with a written reply to the complaint, with a decision on the validity of the complaint and with or without recommendations.
- If the complaint is resolved satisfactorily the complainant, the complaints officer, and the person whom the complaint is directed at sign the decision on the validity of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality and complaints procedure free of charge
- The complaints officer and the person whom the complaint is directed at will treat the complaints procedure as confidential.
- The complainant will not be charged for the handling of the complaint.
Article 7 responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for timely handling of the complaint.
- The person whom the complaint is directed at informs the complaints officer of possible contact and a viable solution.
- The complaints officer informs the complainant of the complaints procedure.
- The complaints officer manages the complaint file.
Article 8 complaint registration
- The complaints officer registers the complaint and the type of complaint.
- Multiple types can be attributed to a complaint.
- The complaints officer periodically reports on the handling of complaints and does recommendations on avoiding new complaints, as well as improving the procedures.
- At least once per year the reports and recommendations are discussed by the firm and are submitted for decision.